Re: Passsword managers and autocomplete='off'

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013, Joel Weinberger wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback, everyone. A few people at this point have
> suggested emailing the whatwg@whatwg.org list since this is really an
> HTML feature; I'll do that in a few. In response to Ian's question, I'm
> referring to the W3 WebForms standard:
> http://www.w3.org/Submission/web-forms2/#the-autocomplete

That is actually the WHATWG spec from 2005. It's absurdly out of date. :-)

This evolved into what is now this:

   http://whatwg.org/html#attr-fe-autocomplete

Please, as an implementor, never look at a document that is more than a
week or so old. If the date isn't really recent, then you're almost
certainly looking at something obsolete, and implementing it will just
mean you're implementing known-buggy text. (Or, you're looking at
something that's fallen into decay with no active maintenance, which is
almost as bad.)