Re: [manifest] HTTP-based solution for loading manifests

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 2013-12-11 13:13, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013, at 14:48, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>>
>>> Would any potential implementer consider supporting a HTTP based solution
>>> to loading manifests?
>>>

>> It seems quite premature to discuss a HTTP based solution to advertise a
>> manifest. Even if it happens to be something developers ask for, we will
>> anyway need to provide a <link> solution. It seems that the best course
>> of actions we could take here is to implement the manifest feature using
>> <link> and gather developer feedback to evaluate that alternative.
>>

> If you define a way using <link>, the alternative approach using the Link:
> header field essentially comes for free.

Mark seems to imply otherwise: for example, Mark says that "[Link:] was never
specified to be used with the "stylesheet" relation".

https://github.com/w3c/manifest/issues/98#issuecomment-30293586

If that's the case, then neither would manifest? I also thought Link: was
more or less generic. I should read the spec in detail.