Re: Objection to publishing DOM Parsing and Serialization (was Re: CfC: publish LCWD of DOM Parsing and Serialization; deadline December 3)

On 12/6/13 2:04 PM, ext James Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 5:06 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com
> <mailto:art.barstow@nokia.com>> wrote:
>

>     Both Travis and I supported keeping that information in the
>     boilerplate. The W3C Staff told us it must be removed before the
>     LC could be published as at TR. (FYI, I filed a related Issue
>     against the TR publication rules
>     <https://www.w3.org/community/w3process/track/issues/71>. I think
>     the public-w3process list is an appropriate place to discuss the
>     Consortium's publication rules.)
>

> If that's the requirement from the Team to publish as TR, then I
> object to publishing as a TR until the requirements are fixed.  If and
> when the publishing rules are fixed then we can consider proceeding again.

(I asked for an explanation on the publication requirements.)

> The spec text as currently exists is actively harmful since it forks
> the living standard without even having a reference to it.

In case you missed it, the draft LCWD does include a reference to the
WHATWG spec:

[[
<https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/innerhtml/raw-file/tip/LCWD-DOM-Parsing-20131205.html#sotd>

This specification is based on the original work of the DOM Parsing and
Serialization Living Specification <http://domparsing.spec.whatwg.org/>,
though it has diverged in terms of supported features, normative
requirements, and algorithm specificity. As appropriate, relevant fixes
from the living standard are incorporated into this document.
]]

-AB