Re: Why can't we just use constructor instead of createdCallback?

The custom element draft does add a new synchronization point. After
setting innerHTML (for example), before returning to the script the
callbacks for the custom elements created by innerHTML are called in tree
order.

This does lead to the possibility to observer objects that have not yet had
their created callback been called yet. I think this trade off is
inevitable, no matter whether we use @@create, constructor or created. I
just don't see us being able to call user code every time a node is created.

--
erik