[process] Process Violation with Custom Elements LC? [Was: Re: RfC: LCWD of Custom Elements; deadline November 21]

On 12/4/13 8:38 PM, ext Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
>> Now we know that there has been an effort to decouple the various Web Components
>> features and specifications, and the Custom Elements specification was going to
>> the Last Call on its own.
>>
>> Unfortunately, we didn't know about this until fairly recently, which is why our
>> thorough review of these specifications did not happen until mid-September
>> (by which time this spec had already reached the Last Call).
> To ensure fair application of section 3.5 of the W3C Process document in
> the future, I would like to note that I consider this a failure to meet
> obligations as per section 6.2.1.7 of the current W3C Process document.
> This also demonstrates that the "CfC" process fails to meet requirements
> under section 3.3 of the current W3C Process document in matters related
> to section 7 of the same.

Björn,

I "get" the gist of your comment above but I also think it would be
helpful if we teased it apart. For starters, I think it would be helpful
if you would please clarify what you mean by "this" in the first
sentence and "This" in the second sentence.

(Seems like "this" could be some combination of the following or perhaps
something else: comments submitted after LC comment period ended; Editor
agreeing to block CR because at least two potential Implementers asked
for more review time, Chair voicing support for the Editor; something
else ...).

-Thanks, AB