Re: [webcomponents] HTML Imports

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Brian Di Palma <offler@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would say though that I get the feeling that Web Components seems a
>> specification that seems really pushed/rushed and I worry that might
>> lead to some poor design decisions whose side effects will be felt by
>> developers in the future.
>
>I very much share this sentiment.

"The growth of HTML with scripting as an application platform has
exploded recently. One limiting factor of this growth is that there is
no way to formalize the services that an HTML application can provide,
or to allow them to be reused as components in another HTML page or
application." -- http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-HTMLComponents

That was 15 years ago. You might be able to appreciate that this may be
a case where the past is a lot longer than the future and in another 15
years "Web Components" as they are being proposed currently have moved
to museums that exhibit them as important evolutionary step that finally
gave web developers some kind of robust re-usable component technology.