Re: [screen-orientation] Locking to 'current' orientation

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> The whole point is that the API must not allow locking to a particular
> orientation at all, only to the current orientation.  Allowing web pages to
> cause my phone to *switch* orientations is crazy.  (You'd end up with half
> of the web locking to one orientation or another, because the page "looks
> better that way", and you'll have the browser jumping between orientations
> as you hit browser back, causing the browser UI itself to jump around.)

I was under the impression that no-one was planning on allowing web
pages running inside a browser UI from using the lockOrientation API
at all. Only pages that are running in as "standalone apps" (see the
manifest spec) and *maybe* pages that are in fullscreen.

Are you proposing that lockOrientation("current") should be allowed,
but lockOrientation("anythingelse") should not?

/ Jonas