Re: LINK only in HEAD?

On 28/11/2013 23:07 , Ian Hickson wrote:
> If there are use cases where best practice would involve a <link rel> in
> the <body>, we can always change the rules here.

I wonder if late loading of secondary style resources (e.g. styles that
won't get used in the initial rendering of the page) would qualify here.
I've seen this done in script a while after load to make the initial
display faster, but I'm not sure how common that is.

I also wonder if it could qualify as a better way of loading styles that
pull in fonts. I'm not aware that anyone's doing it this way (though
script loading is relatively common); but it's likely worth checking the
result.