Re: [screen-orientation] Locking to 'current' orientation

On Tuesday, 26 November 2013 at 15:16, Mounir Lamouri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got some requests from different organizations to add the ability to
> lock to the 'current' orientation in the Screen Orientation API.
>
> > From Javascript, that would allow writing
> window.screen.lockOrientation('current');
> instead of
> window.screen.lockOrientation(window.screen.orientation);
> Basically, a syntax sugar.

the one with JavaScript seems more clear to me (as it's more evident that it's dynamically derived). "current" is kinda weird because setting the orientation is an async operation, so by the time you work out what "current" is, it might not longer be the "current" one... so it's kind or a race condition.
> > From the manifest, writing the following
>
> 'orientation': 'current',

Apps can have multiple orientations and it appears to be somewhat media query dependent. I'm cooking up something different for the manifest but would like terms to align.