Re: [HTML Imports]: Sync, async, -ish?

DanielF: You would only list the custom tags that should be treated as
blocking. If *every* tag in Brick and Polymer should be blocking, then we
have a really big issue because right now they're NOT-blocking and there's
nothing in Web Components per se to specify a blocking behavior.

JJB: Website owners aren't going to be happy with either situation:
  - If custom tags are async (backfilled) by default and the custom tag is
a critical part of the page, subjecting users to a page that suddenly
changes layout isn't good.
  - If custom tags (really HTML imports) are sync (block rendering) by
default, then users stare at a blank screen during slow downloads.

I believe we need to pick the best default while also giving developers the
ability to choose what's best for them. Right now I don't see a way for a
developer to choose to have a custom element block rendering, as opposed to
be backfilled later. Do we think this is important? (I think so.) If so,
what's a good way to let web devs make custom elements block?

-Steve