Re: Define window.orientation

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:
>> I remember that Mozilla was not interested in implementing
>> window.orientation for various reasons. Has that position changed? I
>> would understand that Mozilla wants to implement that for compat reasons
>> and if that the case, I would gladly add it to the spec. Does IE11
>> implements window.orientation?
>
> Unless WebKit and/or Blink remove it, I don't see us not adding it.

Last I looked the property was useless because window.orientation=0
meant different things on different devices. I.e. on some devices it
meant "landscape mode" and others it meant "portrait mode".

So unless webcompat at some point requiring it, I don't see us adding it.

window.screen.orientation seems like a better way forward.

/ Jonas