Re: [coord] Is there still a need for WebApps + SysApps meeting at TPAC?

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> [ My apologies in advance for cross-posting but I think it's needed for
> this coordination topic. ]
>
> Hi All,
>
> Last June, the Chairs of WebApps and SysApps agreed to allocate a time
> slot @ TPAC Shenzhen for a joint meeting from 16:00-17:00 on Monday
> November 11 [1].
>
> The one topic currently identified for that slot is the Manifest spec.
>
> Marcos - would you please summarize the overall `state` of the Manifest
> spec (f.ex. the status, next steps, blockers, and such)? I would also
> like to know if you think there are some related issues that could
> potentially benefit from some meeting time, or if we can use the list
> server instead.

I’m trying to figure out (or get agreement amongst those interested in implementing) if we should have a JSON manifest or go with the meta tag solution (or both) - this is a blocker. Current steps are for me to investigate the solutions and usage on teh Webs.

No significant work has been done on the spec since it moved over to WebApps.

I don’t mind if we do it on the list. But if others want me to dial in to discuss, I’m ok to do that.

> All - are there any other topics to discuss?

Not from me.

--
Marcos Caceres