Re: [webcomponents] Per-type ready event for Custom Elements

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Daniel Buchner <daniel@mozilla.com> wrote:

> WebComponentsReady is an event in the Polymer stack that fires when all
> known registered custom elements are ready for interaction - X-Tag has
> similar event (now just a hook into the polyfill's) called
> DOMComponentsLoaded. Being notified that all elements in source are ready
> for interaction is essential at any point in the page lifecycle when a new
> element is defined.

Are the definitions in the two frameworks the same? Are there any
illustrative examples of how this is used?

> This is not an X-Tag issue, it's a Web Components issue - one we need to
> address.

I think the promises-versus-events discussion is premature; I think first
it would be useful to discuss things like:

Whether it belongs in a spec or if it is better to handle it in frameworks
(at least for now).

What it does (in more detail.)

Related concerns (are there differences between Polymer and x-tags' events?
Is there feedback from users on these events? How are they commonly used?
How effectively can they interop? If Promises are the future, can we get
feedback from Polymer and x-tags by switching their events to use Promises?
etc.)

--
<http://goto.google.com/dc-email-sla>