Re: Overlap between StreamReader and FileReader

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Aymeric Vitte <vitteaymeric@gmail.com>wrote:

> I take this example to understand if this could be better with a built-in
> Stream flow control, if so, after you have defined the right parameters (if
> possible) for the streams flow control, you could process delta data while
> reading the file and restream them directly via WebSockets, and this would
> be great but again not sure that a universal solution can be found.

I think what we can do is just providing helper to make it easier to build
such an intelligent and app specific flow control logic.

Maybe one of the points of your example is that we're not always be able to
calculate good readableThreshold. I'm also not so sure how much of apps in
the world can benefit from this kind of APIs.

For consumers that can do flow control well on receive window basis, my API
should work well (unnecessary events are not dispatched. chunks are
consolidated. lazier ArrayBuffer creation). WebSocket has (broken)
bufferedAmount attribute for window based flow control. Are you using it as
a hint?