Re: [XHR] statusText, status and network errors

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:20:44 +0200, Hallvord Steen <hsteen@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> Test case
> http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/XMLHttpRequest/send-redirect-bogus.htm
> has an interesting behaviour in Gecko. Last test fails with output:
> assert_equals: expected "" but got "WEBSRT MARKETING"
>
> Test returns a bogus redirect like
>
> HTTP/1.1 303 WEBSRT MARKETING
> Location: foobar:someone@example.org
>
> Per spec, this is a network error. Now, the spec does *not* explicitly
> say that exposing .statusText for network errors is wrong, although the
> test asserts that it is. Maybe some spec clarification is required? Or
> maybe it makes sense to pass status and statusText on to the script even
> if redirects fail, and we should spec that?
> -Hallvord

http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/#network-error
->
http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/#request-error
->
http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/#terminate-the-request
->
"Set the error flag."

http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/#dom-xmlhttprequest-statustext
->
"If the error flag is set, return the empty string."

(I'm not sure where the spec says that the above case is a network error,
though.)

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software