Re: [XHR] Content-Length header for data: URLs

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 9/19/13 8:52 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> That would prohibit processing the data URL incrementally. Or at least
>> require you to know the size of it in advance somehow.
>
> I'm not sure I follow.  The size of the data for a data: URL is always known
> as long as you have the entire URL, no?

Doesn't that depend on how you end up storing it whether getting that
information is fast and easy to get ahead of time? Especially with
very large data URLs I thought that might be a concern, but maybe it
isn't really as that'd require pretty special strings objects...

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/