Re: Extending createObjectUrl to MediaStream?

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 3:05 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> I can't think of any good reason to support createObjectURL(MediaStream) ---
> except for compatibility with existing content, which may be an issue
> already.

As I understand it, we have the createObjectURL() design because it's
"easier" and allows integration with systems that have a poor API
story, such as CSS. I'm not a fan and wish we had avoided it
altogether in favor of objects everywhere, but I lost that battle.

Given that MediaStream only works for a select set of end points, not
supporting createObjectURL() would be somewhat better if that's indeed
feasible.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/