Re: [XHR2] FormData in responseType

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 4:57 AM, JOY DOMINIC PREMKUMAR B
<premjoy@tataelxsi.co.in> wrote:
> Similar to FormData in XHR.send(), can we have FormData in
> XHR.responseType.. This is useful in a scenario where server sends
> multipart/form-data (or) multipart/mixed as response with mix of text and
> binary data to client. When XHR.responseType is set to FormData, we've
> response FormData available in the client JavaScript.

1) FormData is write-only. We'd have to change that first. (There are
plans, but I haven't thought it through yet.)

2) We'd need to way more carefully define multipart/form-data if the
browser is to implement a parser for it. We need to do that anyway
(serializer is underdefined too), but we have nobody interested in
doing that thus far.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/