Re: [webcomponents]: The Shadow DOM spec is under heavy refactoring.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM, Hayato Ito <hayato@google.com> wrote:
> I would like to announce that the editor's draft of the Shadow DOM spec
> (https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/spec/shadow/index.html)
> is now under heavy refactoring.
>
> The goal of the refactoring is to make the spec healthy, including the
> followings:
>
> - Use more formal definitions and notations.
> - Make sure that the model and data structures, accompanying algorithms are
> clearly defined.
> - Make the spec more compact.
>
> P.S. You can also see the original refactoring plan, which might be
> obsolete, but some of the parts are still useful to know the goal of the
> refactoring.
> (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iuf2DgzwKfMTscAX_xsymO73NmZ4NVYvfyFgUU4YINo/edit?usp=sharing)

This sounds great. I'm not sure if this is still on your radar, but I
think eventually we want to move parts of this specification into DOM,
correct? So that the whole object model is defined somewhat coherently
in a single place. It would be good if the refactored style more
closely matched that of the DOM to make the integration go smoother
down the line.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/