Re: Clipboard API: Enable `copy` event simulation with user's express permission (domain-wide)?

Hallvord —
I have also long agreed that clipboard poisoning is rarely that big of an
issue so long as we're not enabling programmatic reading of the clipboard
during a copy event (which I would agree is completely unnecessary).  As
you said, since Flash is already an available option to do this today (and
can thus only be prevented by disabling Flash, or enforcing specialized
clipboard sandboxing at a system level), moving it into the DOM world isn't
a big stretch by any means.

I also agree that making this ability the default is not unreasonable
anymore but I thought that might be a bit of a stretch... happy to see that
I am wrong. :)

Sincerely,
    James Greene