Re: Clipboard API: Enable `copy` event simulation with user's express permission (domain-wide)?

James,

I personally think it would be a really good idea. But I am not a browser implementor.

Overall, I agree with you that writing to the clipboard, only within a click or key event processing maybe?, is likely to be a non-concern on privacy. I would love to hear others' feedback.

Is maybe a first step something such as a browser-extension?
Did you hear brags about users of websites that allowing copy was not a good idea?

(I heard a brag close to it by TimBL and J Gruber about the usage of "clipboard injection": http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Jun/0007.html are we close to that? I think not but maybe can such a feature get close to it?)

Paul