Re: Overlap between StreamReader and FileReader

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Takeshi Yoshino <tyoshino@google.com> wrote:
> What I have in my mind is like this:
>
> if (this.readyState == this.LOADING) {
>   stream = xhr.response;
>   // XHR has already written some data x0 to stream
>   stream.read().progress(progressHandler);
> }
>
> ...loop...
>
> // XHR writes data x1 to stream
> // XHR writes data x2 to stream
> // XHR finishes writing to stream
>
> progressHandler continues receiving data till EOF. For this read() call
> without maxSize, all of x0, x1 and x2 will be passed to progressHandler.

I see. I kinda thought that if you omitted size it would just give you
everything in stream's buffer and not everything until end-of-stream.

>> Do we even need that? It seems just passing ArrayBuffer in and out
>> could be sufficient for now?
>
> As one of read()'s arguments?

As for what it would return. Or do we have use cases where decoding to
strings and/or Blobs are important?

>> What's "pending read resolvers"?
>
> When any error occurs the stream needs to pending promises. So, I prepared
> that list but I haven't written any text for error handling yet.

Okay.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/