Re: ITS 2.0, Selectors 4 and Selectors API 2

On 2.7.2013 2:53, Daniel Glazman wrote:

> a. it's not possible, even in Selectors API 2 [5], to resolve arbitrary
>    namespaces in querySelectorAll()

In general this might be problem, but for ITS I don't see this as a
problem. People who use ITS with non-HTML content (various flavours of
XML) will use XPath as a query language. Selectors will be likely used
only in combination with HTML content where you don't need namespaces
(of course, unless you want to target specific elements inside embedded
SVG/MathML).

> b. Selectors cannot target attributes

Indeed, this is very serious limitation of CSS selectors and we even
discussed removing CSS selectors completely from ITS because of this.
But at the end prevailing opinion was that CSS selectors will be useful
for scenarios where there is no need to care about attributes. But
without ability so select attributes some users will be forced to switch
to XPath instead of CSS selectors.

    Jirka