[IME] Preparing some feedback

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:51:08 +0000
To: "hbono@google.com" <hbono@google.com>, "kochi@google.com" <kochi@google.com>, "kenjibaheux@google.com" <kenjibaheux@google.com>
Thanks for submitting these updates to the Input Method Editor API. I've had an opportunity to review them and would like to offer some feedback for the spec.

On the IE team, we have also been working on building an IME-related API, but one geared specifically toward working with the operating system's IME (vs. a JavaScript-implemented IME). Long term, we think that it makes sense to have an IME API Spec that supports both system and JavaScript-based IME scenarios. We would like to work with you to land on a unified design that includes the right set of API for working with both system and JavaScript-based IMEs. We'll write up a proposal to start the discussion.

Thanks,
Travis