Re: [webcomponents] style hooks for custom elements

If you're looking for specs, they're a bit scattered. If you look in the
top right corner
of some of the slides in that deck, you'll see a gears icon pointing to the
relevant spec. e.g.:
http://html5-demos.appspot.com/static/webcomponents/index.html#36

I used the term "styling hooks" to describe the various ways you can use
the different pieces:
custom pseudo elements, css variables, @host,...to style a component. I
ended up wrinting
an article about styling Shadow DOM over at html5rocks. Might be useful to
you:
http://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/webcomponents/shadowdom-201/.

That stuff still applies here, as Shadow DOM is the basis for Custom
Elements.