Re: [webcomponents] style hooks for custom elements

From: Eric Bidelman <ericbidelman@google.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:10:48 -0700
To: Mike Kamermans <nihongo@gmail.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
If you're looking for specs, they're a bit scattered. If you look in the
top right corner
of some of the slides in that deck, you'll see a gears icon pointing to the
relevant spec. e.g.:

I used the term "styling hooks" to describe the various ways you can use
the different pieces:
custom pseudo elements, css variables, @host,...to style a component. I
ended up wrinting
an article about styling Shadow DOM over at html5rocks. Might be useful to

That stuff still applies here, as Shadow DOM is the basis for Custom