Re: [webcomponents] Adjusting offsetParent, offsetTop, offsetLeft properties in Shadow DOM

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:02:09 -0400
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Scott Miles wrote:

 > This is a thorny problem, but my initial reaction is that you
 > threaded the needle appropriately. I don't see how we avoid some
 > lossiness in this situation.

Note that if you're using offsetWith/Height/Top/Bottom you already lose,
because they return integers.

I think we should be doing what we can to discourage use of these broken
APIs, for what it's worth, instead of worrying how we can extend their
already-incorrect behavior to cover more cases "well".

-Boris