Re: File API for Review

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:29:45 +0000
To: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Cc: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2013, at 11:37 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> We're not actually leaving what exactly to return open to implementors.  They *must* return a 500.  They *may* additionally provide a message, which is akin to console messages.

No, an HTTP status message is an actual thing and exposed via XMLHttpRequest.

>>  Also, networkerror isn't really strongly defined; XMLHttpRequest uses this to throw on network errors (NetworkError), and there isn't currently a Fetch in HTML that leverages networkerrors.  This is not obviously reusable here in the blob: URL context.

I think it is. Network error is for whenever something goes wrong with
the request. Otherwise this would give a load event rather than an
error event. data: URLs use network errors too now:
http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/#data:-urls-and-http

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/