[webcomponents] insertion points and offsetParent

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 10:53:54 -0700
To: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
Hey all,

I've been looking at the algorithm for offsetParent [1] in relation to
fragmentation contexts [2], and a question came up on whether this
attribute needs to take shadow boundaries into account.

If I have this markup:

<element name="x-something" extends="body">
            <content select="#foo"></content>

And I have script that asks for foo.offsetParent, I expect that it should
never return light-parent. But does it matter where the script executes?
If the script tag is within the custom element it should return
dark-parent, I think. But if the script tag is outside the shadow boundary
should it return the body element?

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Mar/0459.html