[webcomponents] linking using <link rel="components" href="...">?

From: Mike Kamermans <nihongo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 10:07:24 -0400
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hey all,

I searched the archive at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/ and checked out
the https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/spec/templates/index.html#definitions
and https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webcomponents/raw-file/tip/spec/custom/index.html
specs, but couldn't find anything about this in them:

are there provisions in the spec (or is it in the works) to add a new
link type so that if some person A defines a stack of useful
templates, and person B wants to use those templates, they can include
them on their own page using <link rel="templates"
href="http://personA/templates.html"> (or rel="components", or some
other relation name that makes sense for the role the link plays)?  I
was thinking about this in terms of using web components for something
like Mozilla's Popcorn Maker, where it would be really cool if we
could define all our components as templates, and then tell everyone
"this is our collection of templates, go grab
popcorn.webmaker.org/templates.html if you want to use these on your
own pages!". I really love the idea of web components, but it feels
like being able to share them in the same way you can share .js or
..css files would make them ridiculously powerful on the future web =)

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
Mozilla Foundation