Re: IndexedDB, what were the issues? How do we stop it from happening again?

* Alex Russell wrote:
>My *first* approach to this annoyance would be to start adding some async
>primitives to the platform that don't suck so hard; e.g., Futures/Promises.
>Saying that you should do something does not imply that doubling up on API
>surface area for a corner-case is the right solution.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jul/0009.html was my
"first approach". Workers of course have it much easier, they just need
a single waiting primitive to make an asynchronous API synchronous. I've
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011OctDec/1016.html
argued against duplicating APIs for workers as proposed here, but so far
without much success, it would seem...