Re: IndexedDB, what were the issues? How do we stop it from happening again?

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:07:05 -0500
To: Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>, Jarred Nicholls <jarred@webkit.org>, public-webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>wrote:

> I didn't imply they were. But addressing the pain point of asynchronous
> code that's hard to use doesn't imply that the only answer is a synchronous
> version.

The asynchronous programming model is often inherently inconvenient
compared to synchronous code, and synchronous APIs (whether at the
individual API level, or at another level such as synchronous messaging or
yieldable coroutines) are indeed the only practical solution that's been
proposed so far.  I believe this is a fundamental issue, but if you have a
concrete alternative proposal to make then by all means do so (in another
thread).  Otherwise, this just isn't helpful.

This is not a particularly hard or subtle point.

(Let's try to remain civil.)

--
Glenn Maynard