Re: [webcomponents]: What callbacks do custom elements need?

On Mar 11, 2013 9:03 PM, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 3/11/13 8:59 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:
>>
>> Is it very difficult to provide "here is an attribute I'm watching + a
>> callback"?
>

> It's not super-difficult but it adds more complication to
already-complicated code....

> One big question is whether in practice the attribute that will be
changing is one that the consumer cares about or not.  If it's the former,
it makes somewhat more sense to put the checking of which attribute in the
consumer.

> -Boris

Daniel can confirm but in all of the stuff i have seen and played with so
far it is...you want a changing a component attribute to have some effect.
Internally you would use mutation observers i think.