Re: [webcomponents]: First stab at the Web Components spec

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com> wrote:
> That's not the problem, that's a feature :) Think of it as a
> <template> tag for documents.

I'd think that author expectations would be different given how
external CSS resources work, but maybe.

As for the API, do we really want that to be a synchronous API? That
seems future-hostile for two reasons: we want to do more in parallel
(Servo) and we definitely do not want cross-origin to be synchronous
in this manner I think. Maybe it's better if we provide message port
access between the Document objects? And if this is mostly for
applying components to documents, maybe we should not expose API for
that so that it the declarative way can be optimized.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/