Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

On 3/7/13 1:54 PM, Dave Methvin wrote:
> Another example, let's say Disqus created a webcomponent to show
> discussions related to content. I want to use that on my page but
> enhance it with a bozo/spam filter, fully understanding that it will
> require knowledge of Disqus webcomponent internals.

But you want to continue linking to the version hosted on the Disqus
server instead of hosting it yourself and modifying as desired, presumably?

Because if you're hosting yourself you can certainly just make a slight
modification to opt into not hiding the implementation if you want, right?

-Boris