Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

On 6.3.2013 21:00, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 3/6/13 1:31 PM, Scott González wrote:
>> but we feel the pros of exposing internals outweigh the cons.
>
> When you say "exposing internals" here, which one of the following do
> you mean:
>
> 1)  Exposing internals always.
> 2)  Exposing internals by default, with a way to opt into not exposing.
> 3)  Not exposing internals by default, with a way to opt into exposing.
>
> ?  And what do you feel the pros are of whichever one you're talking
> about compared to the items after it on the list, just so we're on the
> same page?
>
> -Boris

What does the "exposing internals" means anyway? Does it mean that there
are no boundaries at all and e.g. document.querySelector can access
internal? Or does it mean that you can access internals only by
explicitly asking for existing shadowRoot of element and than work with it?

B.