Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 15:00:48 -0500
To: Scott González <scott.gonzalez@gmail.com>
CC: Rafael Weinstein <rafaelw@google.com>, Dominic Cooney <dominicc@chromium.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@chromium.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>
On 3/6/13 1:31 PM, Scott González wrote:
> but we feel the pros of exposing internals outweigh the cons.

When you say "exposing internals" here, which one of the following do
you mean:

1)  Exposing internals always.
2)  Exposing internals by default, with a way to opt into not exposing.
3)  Not exposing internals by default, with a way to opt into exposing.

?  And what do you feel the pros are of whichever one you're talking
about compared to the items after it on the list, just so we're on the
same page?

-Boris