Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

So the two camps in the this argument seem to be arguing largely
philosophical views.

It's clear that Mozilla has experienced pain via plugins having access
to browser internals.

I'm curious if jQuery or others have experienced feeling restricted
because apps are depending on internals by way of having access to
them via monkey-patching

It seems to me like if public-by-default was a design mistake on the
web, it'd be pretty clearly in evidence already. Is it?