Re: Streams and Blobs

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:37:57 +0000
To: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Cc: Darin Fisher <darin@chromium.org>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, Aaron Colwell <acolwell@chromium.org>, Tillmann Karras <tillmann@selfnet.de>, "WEBAPPLICATIONS (WEBAPPS) WORKING GROUP" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:07 AM, Travis Leithead
<travis.leithead@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Also, the Stream object lets you pipe the data from to/from Web Workers,
> which can be handy in certain scenarios.

Hey Travis, could you maybe reply to my original or at least some of
the earlier emails that discuss the semantics of Stream and which kind
of things we might want to expose? It'd be great to have your feedback
on that especially as Microsoft thus far has the only implementation
of Stream (I believe).

It sounds like everyone wants to keep something like Stream, one that
when read from discards data. (Which might be problematic if you pass
it both to <video> and use a StreamReader, or multiple StreamReader
objects.)

It'd be good to have more feedback on chunked too and whether or not
we want to expose incremental Blob (new object each time you get
.response if additional data has been transferred, otherwise the same
object).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/