Re: [webcomponents]: Making Shadow DOM Subtrees Traversable

Don't we have a situation where people can simply take your source and
change it regardless (barring legal imperatives, which are orthogonal in my
view)?

Given Boris' arguments, Big Marketshare can simply always mess up his
project and blame me and it's my fault. I don't accept it.

Btw, If Big Marketshare is so powerful, why haven't we already fixed
whatever thing he is monkey patching?

Also, Optimizely, et al, doesn't simply appear at random. Again, seems like
your argument is that some developer or user may take wanton stet X to
break my stuff, and I must prevent it or it's my fault.

re: "forced depend on where they got their tomatoes from" and "You cannot
accidentally stumble into ShadowDOM"

The reason the latter keeps being mentioned is because of statements like
the former. Nobody is forcing anybody to break encapsulation. Seems to me
the demarcation is very clear.

>> And all I have to do is to check the points whee my app touches the
controls

Yes, transparent upgrades are great. No argument here. But If you had
monkey-patched your libraries, you wouldn't have this ability. You didn't,
so life is good.

>>  Can we go with options when creating Shadow dom?

My understanding is that we have this option and are only talking about
what would be the default.

Lastly, my point about upgrade statistics is only that the intersection of
the two sets is generally going to be smaller than the union of them. I
should not have qualified that difference. To be clear, the intersection I
posed included "monkey-patchers that require the update", not simply
"monkey-patchers".