Re: [XHR] remove "user cancels request"

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Julian Aubourg <j@ubourg.net> wrote:
> AFAIK, clicking the stop button of the navigator or clicking on a link in
> the page will abort outbound requests. That's exactly the kind of aborts
> authors want to differentiate from network errors. I assume those buttons
> are UI features that permit request cancellation for users? Or am I
> completly missing the point again?

Sure, for links (i.e. navigation)... For XMLHttpRequest (fetching)
however those rarely change as that would make applications very
confusing to the user. At least, when I still worked at Opera at some
point the progress bars for fetching after the page had loaded (<body>
load fired) were disabled as they were just too confusing.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/