Re: [XHR] remove "user cancels request"

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:37:17 +0000
To: Julian Aubourg <j@ubourg.net>
Cc: Jungkee Song <jungkee.song@samsung.com>, Timmy Willison <timmywillisn@gmail.com>, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:22 AM, Julian Aubourg <j@ubourg.net> wrote:
> AFAIK, clicking the stop button of the navigator or clicking on a link in
> the page will abort outbound requests. That's exactly the kind of aborts
> authors want to differentiate from network errors. I assume those buttons
> are UI features that permit request cancellation for users? Or am I
> completly missing the point again?

Sure, for links (i.e. navigation)... For XMLHttpRequest (fetching)
however those rarely change as that would make applications very
confusing to the user. At least, when I still worked at Opera at some
point the progress bars for fetching after the page had loaded (<body>
load fired) were disabled as they were just too confusing.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/