Re: [XHR] remove "user cancels request"

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:18:44 -0600
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> Currently the XMLHttpRequest Standard special cases the condition
> where the end user terminates the request. Given that there's less and
> less likely to be UI for that kind of feature, does it still make
> sense to expose this distinction from a network error in the API? I
> think we should merge them.
>
> http://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/

I didn't even know about that behavior.  I've always assumed that the only
way onabort happens is as a result of my calling abort().  I don't think
breaking that assumption would break my code, but it's a rare, untested
code path.  I doubt other developers test it either.  I agree that users
killing a network request should look like a network error, and in general
the API should guarantee that onabort is only fired as a result of a call
to abort().

--
Glenn Maynard