Re: [editing] Is this the right list to discuss editing?

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:17:56 +0100
To: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
CC: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 19/02/2013 05:56 , Travis Leithead wrote:
> Alex, work on Editing APIs was ongoing in the Community Group
> (http://www.w3.org/community/editing/) though their draft is just under
> a year old.

My recall is a bit rusty on that one, but I think that the situation was
that:

 WebApps is not chartered to publish this, so a CG was created.

 But having the discussion on the CG list seemed like a bad idea since
everyone is here, so the mailing list for discussion was decided to be
public-webapps.

I actually pinged Aryeh about this a week or two ago, but I haven't
heard back. I'd be happy to take over as editor for this spec, it's a
feature I've wanted to have work right forever.

In order to make that happen (assuming that Aryeh agrees, or doesn't
speak up), I propose the following:

 Since I'm financed to work on HTML, transition this to an HTML
extension spec (this probably only requires a few changes to the header).

 The discussion can stay here (wherever people prefer that I'm already
subscribed to  I really don't care).

 The spec gets published through the HTML WG, since I believe it's
actually viably in scope there already.

All of the above assumes you're all happy with it, and the HTML people
too. I reckon it could work though.