Re: [webcomponents] Making the shadow root an Element

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 21:01:55 +0000
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com> wrote:
> Still unclear. Are you saying this: if we have API members on
> ShadowRoot that aren't on DocumentFragment, then ShadowRoot should not
> be a DocumentFragment?

No. all I'm saying that "we" made a conscious choice not to have
innerHTML on DocumentFragment and that therefore we should not
introduce it on ShadowRoot either (until we either revisit the
DocumentFragment decision or someone shows that decision is not
applicable to ShadowRoot somehow).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/