Re: [webcomponents] Making the shadow root an Element

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
> Adding API to *some* DocumentFragment will likely mean that
> people will need to check just what type of DocumentFragment they
> have.

Although not exposed, because of <template>.contents we now
effectively have a special type of DocumentFragment. Those with a
"host" concept defined.

A third option by the way is making this its own node type. That has
its own issues of course, but would allow it to be more cleanly
integrated with existing algorithms (one of the issues being that all
those algorithms would have to be updated).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/