Re: Custom elements ES6/ES5 syntax compromise, was: document.register and ES6

From: Daniel Buchner <daniel@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:32:30 -0800
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>, Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com>, Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
What does it actually profit us to singularly tie document.register to
require an ES6-esque syntax before it lands anyway? No one is saying not to
use it *when it arrives*, we're offering a way to make sure the polyfill
layer isn't needlessly bound to inconsequential externalities.

Hell, if you wanted a single API, call the property "descriptor" (or
something else that's general) and have it take both by checking what kind
of object the value is... ***ducks***