Re: Custom elements ES6/ES5 syntax compromise, was: document.register and ES6

From: Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:27:45 -0800
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Cc: Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Daniel Buchner <daniel@mozilla.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Ok. Since you showed both returning constructors, I just assumed in both
cases the returned constructor would be different, if required by platform.

I guess my attitude is to say "always write it like this MyThing =
document.register(...), because depending on your runtime scenario it may
return a different method."

Yes, it's not ideal, but then there is only one way to write it.