Re: Custom elements ES6/ES5 syntax compromise, was: document.register and ES6

From: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:45:53 -0800
To: Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com>
Cc: Daniel Buchner <daniel@mozilla.com>, Rick Waldron <waldron.rick@gmail.com>, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Scott Miles <sjmiles@google.com> wrote:
> In all constructions the *actual* calling of HTMLButtonElement is done by
> the browser.

No, this is not correct. It's the exact opposite :)

In this compromise proposal, the browser isn't calling any of the
constructors. Arv pointed out that since the invention of [[Create]]
override, we don't really need them anyway -- they never do anything
useful for existing HTML elements.

For your custom elements, I can totally see your library/framework
having a convention of calling the super constructor.

I did confuse matters but not putting in the invocation of the
HTMLButtonElement.call.

:DG<