Re: Beacon API

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:46:00 +0000
To: Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com>
Cc: "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Reitbauer, Alois (Alois.Reitbauer@compuware.com)" <Alois.Reitbauer@compuware.com>
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Jatinder Mann <jmann@microsoft.com> wrote:
> How interested is this working group in taking on such work in the XHR Level
> 2 specification?

There's plans to develop a better API for XMLHttpRequest, that would
be somewhat more object-oriented, use DOMFuture, etc., but reuse the
same underlying architecture.

I have started drafting the plan to define the underlying
architecture: http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Fetch

I'd prefer waiting with adding new features in networking land until
that is sorted out, but I'm open to suggestions on how to proceed
otherwise. Also, some more details with respect to expected
functionality would be necessary. I assume for this object you would
not need progress events or return values, but should the browser
await a full HTTP response from the server anyway? Etc.

Thanks!

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/