Re: File API for Review

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 16:37:23 +0000
To: Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com>
Cc: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Arun Ranganathan <arun@mozilla.com> wrote:
> 3. Progress events have been clarified.

You're still using the old IDL syntax for event handlers.

> Specification bugs still exist

I think we should rename URI to URL. That's what everyone is converging on.

I'm also not convinced that leaving what exactly to return in the HTTP
scenario open to implementors is a good thing. We've been through such
things before and learned that handwaving is bad. Lets just pick
something.

Just like HTML, CSS, etc. this specification should defer to
http://encoding.spec.whatwg.org/ for its encoding related
requirements.

I don't think we should throw for limitations on URL length. We always
leave undefined lengths unaddressed in specifications, including with
regards to how to handle them.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/