Re: [webcomponents] Making the shadow root an Element

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> I propose that we reify the shadow root into an element, but default
>> it to "display: contents;"
>
> Why does this part matter?
>
>> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-display-3/#the-display-box> in the UA
>> stylesheet. That way it has no layout effect by default
>
> It has no layout by default anyway, since it's not present in the flattened
> tree, no?

If it's an element and thus has an effect on styling, I presume it
would appear in the final flattened tree.  (But given the styling I
suggest, it wouldn't.)

If you need a wrapper element anyway, might as well just expose the
ability to use the shadow root itself, since it acts like a wrapper.

~TJ